Prince Harry and Meghan Markle suffer ‘suspicious’ security breach at home amid UK protection battle

0

Intruders have attempted to break into Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s California home on several occasions, police reports have revealed.

The reports, obtained by The sun, show that two security breaches occurred within 12 days this year, with a total of six security alert calls to their US home in the past 14 months.

According to records, Santa Barbara police rushed to the couple’s Montecito mansion at 5 p.m. on the afternoon of May 19 – the couple’s fourth wedding anniversary – following reports of an intruder on the property.

A few days later, on May 31, police responded to a second intrusion alert at 3pm – just hours before the Duke and Duchess of Sussex boarded a flight to London for the Platinum Jubilee of the Queen.

It is unclear whether the couple or their children – Archie Harrison, three, and Lilibet Diana, one – were at the home at the time of the incidents, which have been recorded as “suspicious circumstances” by police.

Photo credit: Patrick van Katwijk – Getty Images

News of security breaches at the Sussexes’ home comes amid Prince Harry’s battle with the Home Office over the protection of his family in the UK.

To recap, following Harry and Meghan’s decision to step down as senior royals in 2020, the Home Office said it would no longer offer the couple the ‘same degree’ of protection. or to their children when they were in the UK – something which Harry strongly objected to.

“Prince Harry inherited a lifelong security risk,” a spokesperson said earlier this year. “He remains sixth in line to the throne, has served two combat missions in Afghanistan and in recent years his family has been the subject of well-documented neo-Nazi and extremist threats.

“The UK will always be Prince Harry’s home and a country he wants his wife and children to be safe in. With the lack of police protection, the personal risk is too great.”

Harry then lodged a bid with the High Court to challenge the Home Office’s decision, which was partially granted last week to move forward. This means there will be a full hearing at the High Court to consider the Duke’s claim.

Earlier this year, the Sussexes briefly visited the UK – for the first time as a family of four – for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations, although they did not appear on the balcony of the Buckingham Palace with other high-level royals.

You might also like

Share.

Comments are closed.